(Not offered on the U.S. campus)
China is on the rise, and Chinese churches must be equipped to meet today’s challenges. This PhD program is designed for the purpose of equipping students to become theological educators and researchers in order to meet such needs, acquiring academic acumen and spiritual insights and suggesting realistic alternatives. Together with the global Church at large, we may stand as living witnesses to the Gospel.
Our graduates are expected to develop creative and research ability to be able to conduct high level theological education, and to become Christian leaders effectively responding to challenges.
- Admission Qualification
- Obtained degrees in Th.M. or equivalent from the schools that are recognized by GETS, and graduated with GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Obtained Chinese communication and English reading skills
- Obtained considerable ability in handling English, Greek, Hebrew, and other language skills related research areas
- Acquired at least 5 years church ministry or theological teaching experience
- Acquired a proof of English proficiency. A TOEFL score of 540 on the paper and pencil test or 71 on the Internet-based test. TOEFL requirement may be waived for applicants having obtained academic degree from an English program.
- Engaged in depth of theological study and reflection
- Obtained a mature Christian character
- Research Area
New Testament, Old Testament, Theology, Church History, Practical Theology.