- About GETS
- Statement of Faith
We Believe that:
♰ Our Faith
- The Bible, containing the Old and New Testaments, is the inspired and infallible Word of God, the necessary and complete revelation of His Will for the salvation of humankind, and is the ultimate authority for Christian faith and life.
- There is one true and living God, eternally existing in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The triune God is the Creator, the Sustainer and Ruler of the creation, but is prior to, and distinct from all creation.
- The first man, Adam, was created by God in His image, but fell from his original state by sinning against God, and hence incurred upon himself and all his posterity the guilt of sin, condemnation, and death; therefore, all humans are in need of salvation, but are totally incapable of saving themselves.
- After the Fall, God, in His mercy and love, made provision for humans’ redemption through the promise and giving of the Savior Jesus Christ, in whom to believe is justification and life.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, sent by the Father, begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, fully divine and fully human. He lived a sinless and obedient life, suffered and died on the cross for the sins of humankind. God raised Him from the dead, exalted Him as Lord of all, and gave Him the promise of the Holy Spirit for His Church.
- Humans are saved by grace through faith in Christ in response to the Gospel preached, or otherwise presented, in the power of the Holy Spirit, through whom sinners became children of God and heirs of eternal life. Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and humans; through Him believers have access to the Father.
- Believers are a new creation in Christ, and are called to walk in the Spirit, to die unto sin, and to live unto righteousness, and thereby manifest the fruit of the Spirit, conforming themselves to the image of Christ; good works are the fruit of the Christian life, and are not ways of justification.
- God alone is the Lord of our conscience, and believers are free from the commands of human which are contrary to, or in addition to, the Scriptures in matters of faith and conduct.
- All believers belong to Christ and are indwelt by the Holy Spirit; together they make up the Body of Christ, the Invisible Church that is holy, universal, and united. The Church submits to the Great Commission of world evangelization and the Great Commandment of loving one another.
- All believers are a royal priesthood; laity and clergy are of equal partnership in Christian ministry.
- In the last day, Christ will come again personally and visibly to the earth to judge the living and the dead. There will be a bodily resurrection of the dead: of believers through the Holy Spirit unto the inheritance of eternal life, and unbelievers unto condemnation; and a new heaven and new earth will be ushered in.