(Not offered on the U.S. campus)
The Master of Theology program is designed to prepare students for an advanced theology study, to strength their research ability and prepare them to teach in a seminary or university in the future. For students who want to pursue higher level of theological and practical studies programs, it is also the degree requirement for admission to Doctor of Ministry and Doctor of Philosophy programs.
Graduates from this program are expected to achieve the following:
- To form well-shaped spiritual life and character.
- To fully grasp advanced knowledge of biblical, theological, and church history studies with integral concept of ministry skills.
- To acquire and develop ability of ministering and academic research in order to serve professionally and practically and effectively in their ministry contexts.
- Admission Qualification
- Master of Divinity degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of 3.3 (B+ or 86.5%) or above.
- Baptized at least 3 years and had a call to the ministry of theological education or theological research
- Two recommendations from church pastors or leaders to demonstrate personal and spiritual maturity.
- Complete the admission application form.
- Pass the Seminary entrance tests of biblical and theological knowledge.
- Proof for English proficiency. We require minimum TOEFL score of 530/71(TOEFL iBT). Applicants with a Bachelor or higher degree from an English institution are exempt from this requirement.
- Study Plan, indicating the subject that applicant intends to do and why this subject worthy of attention.
- A writing sample with 12,000-15,000 words to demonstrate the applicant’s research and critical thinking ability.
- Interview, either in person or online.
- For Non-Native Chinese applicants, we require proof of Chinese proficiency to meet our course language requirement and need for future ministry.
- We do not offer or accept any Ability-to-benefit Exam.
- Graduation Requirements
Students are required to complete 36 semester unis of course work with a graduate dissertation. The passing grade point average is 3.0(B) or above.
- Duration and Location
The program must be complete between 3 to 4 years, including a graduation dissertation. In order to ensure a communal education experience, students shall be completed the degree on campus with at least 1 years for full-time study.
- Degree Course Content (36 Units)
* This degree focuses on academic research, and all courses are designed as a guide for academic research
- Foundation courses (20 units)
- Methodology / Theological Research Act (4 units)
- Theology courses (4 units)
- New Testament courses (4 units)
- Old Course (4 units)
- Historical monograph (4 units)
- Three courses of advanced studies curriculum (12 units)
- Thesis proposal (0 unit) * Pass / Fail
- Thesis (4 units)